SPECTRUM GOLF IS THE LEADER IN CUSTOM GOLF CAGES AND GOLF ENCLOSURES
Spectrum golf carries a wide variety of golf cages, golf enclosures and golf frames.
Lets review each one.
BASIC 3/4-1" Golf Cage
PROS- low cost- easy to setup and take down.
CONS- Smaller screen-limited on customization, Exposed piping
The simplest golf cage is made of 3/4 or 1" emt conduit that you get at lowes or home depot. You just slide the emt into the connectors, tighten, then attach a 4 sided net to frame with ball bungees, then the screen goes in front of net and attaches with adjustable straps and you have a simple golf cage. Nothing fancy , but gets the job done.
These golf cages are 60 or 120 inches deep. 10-12 and 15 ft long and 10 ft tall. Tougher to customize due to the size of the golf net. Also the golf screen is 12" smaller than the frame ( ie a 10 x 10 frame would have a 9 x 9 golf screen ). GOLF CAGE OPTIONS include blackout panels, golf screen pads and triangle floor pads.
If you are not concerned about appearance and are on a budget, these golf cages are the way to go.
14" DEEP SCREEN FRAMES
PROS- only 14" deep-Freestanding- Screen same size as frame. Can be made with or without sides/top-easily customized.
CONS- Exposed piping- Limited to 105" high
Our 14" deep screen frame is extremely popular in garages and basements where space is limited. The key selling point of this golf frame is that the golf screen is the same size as the golf frame. If you only have 9 ft tall ceilings, and you went with a golf cage, your golf screen would only be 8 ft tall, but with this golf frame, your golf screen would be 9 ft tall. This golf frame maximizes your golf screen size. Its perfect for garages. You can just push this up against a back wall and slide it out when you want to use it. We can make this golf frame without sides/top, with up to 5 ft sides/top and with top only. We can even add angled nets to the sides. Standard lengths are 120 and 144. Comes standard with back panel as well.
DIY PADDED GOLF ENCLOSURE
PROS- Padding around the screen, no exposed piping. Quick assembly. Poly spacer screen
CONS- Have to buy conduit and pipe insulation.
Our newest golf enclosure is the DIY padded golf cage.
1) PANELS. We use the same heavy duty supertex material in our panels as we do in our screens. We don't use a thin nylon material like our competition. In addition, we use a 3 piece design versus a 1 piece design. That means if you damage it, you are replacing 1 section instead of all 3 sections. Plus our panels are designed to wrap around the 3/4 EMT with pipe insulation. We feel its important to install pipe insulation around the front part of the frame unlike the competition.
2) PADS-We use a 6" pad for the top and bottom of the screen . The competition just uses a panel with no padding.
3) POLY SPACER SCREEN - Due to the design and installation of the screen, we only use the poly spacer screen material with this enclosure. This screen material provides the stretch and durability needed for a superior golf enclosure. In addition, this screen eliminates excessive bounce back.
4) US MADE AND SEWN- We have over 10 years experience in making golf screens and golf enclosures. All of our screen material and panel material are made right here in the USA. We cut, measure and sew everything in house for superior quality and performance.
Standard depth is 36,60 or 120. Standard length is 120 and 144. Standard hieght is 96-108-120.
PROSERIES GOLF ENCLOSURE
PROS Comes 100% complete, poly spacer screen is adjustable-no exposed piping. Completely padded. All aluminum Frame
These golf cages come 100% complete and assemble with simple hand tools.
We start with an all aluminum US made 1.5 inch squared frame. We add 4 hole inside corner brackets for added strength and rigidity. The entire front of the golf cage is padded including the top, and sides. We use our heavy duty blackout supertex material for the sides and top. This is the same material we use to make our golf screens. Just in black. The beauty of this new golf frame design is the impact screen. We first sewn in padding on sides and bottom to catch any errant shots. The top has a drop down pad that runs along the entire length of the screen. Perfect for catching those high wedge shots. We have developed a unique elastic cord system on the sides to instantly loosen the screen for bounce back. When you are ready to play , just flip off the cord on the sides and you can hit any club in your bag with minimal bounce back. This can be done in only a few seconds. When you want to watch a movie, just flip the cord back on and its perfectly tight. We even include a HD nylon support panel behind the screen.
DESIGN and PLANNING YOUR GOLF ENCLOSURE
We can provide a quick layout of your golf simulator . Just go to our REQUEST FORM and fill out all the details. Pics and rough dimensions will help as well.
Here are a few questions to get you started
1) What are your dimensions?
2) What system are you going to use. Some require a minimum distance ball to screen
3) Do you want side/top protection to catch shanks
4) Is it a permanent setup or is it going to be temporary.
5) How do you want the projector installed? Ceiling, Frame, Floor ?
6) Is your Ceiling sloped or vaulted?
7) Are there doors, windows, garage door opener, frame, duct work that might get in the way?
8) Do you have lights /ceiling fans on ceiling?
9) Are you more interested in playing golf or using it as a movie screen?
10) Is noise level important?
11) Are you going to build the frame your self or do you want a golf frame kit?
12) Do you have a budget ? ( ask the wife!)